Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Status: Full Time, Salaried
Reports to: Director of Engagement Programs
Salary: $52,000 annually + benefits
WHO WE ARE + WHAT WE DO
Opera Omaha, a non-profit performing arts organization, is a growth-minded, high energy, and innovative company with a demanding mission: producing opera performances in multiple formats and styles and co-creating artist-led programs for a variety of community service organizations. The Holland Community Opera Fellowship is transformational, and as a result supports the creation of an inventive, creative, empathetic, and inclusive community that inspires joy, self-discovery, kinder discourse, and opportunity for all.
RACIAL EQUITY CENTERED STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION IS A TOP PRIORITY OF OPERA OMAHA BECAUSE WE VALUE AND PROMOTE DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION, AND ANTI-RACISM.
HOW YOU’D FIT IN + STAND OUT
Opera Omaha is seeking a Community Opera Fellowship Manager responsible for the implementation, management, supervision, coordination, and evaluation of the program for the Holland Community Opera Fellowship (operaomaha.org/fellowship).
The Community Opera Fellowship Manager will join Opera Omaha at a critical time in the Company’s history, building on a radical program that redefines how an opera company serves its community(ies). Launched in 2017 the Holland Community Opera Fellowship leads the field in civic practice - building deep relationships outside of the performance venues. The Holland Community Opera Fellowship works collaboratively with community partners to co-create long and short-term programming that helps individuals, organizations, and communities reach their goals, serving as a creative and artistic resource to the community. These relationships and the programs co-created with our partners have proven to be our strengths in these difficult times.
YOU ARE AN IDEAL CANDIDATE IF YOU ARE:
- Excited to create an impact in and with community
- Skilled at forming and managing teams that excel in individual strengths
- Able to effectively manage and coach individuals in a team environment
- Energized by managing multiple projects in a fast-paced performing arts environment
- Compassionate with coworkers and direct reports resulting in a team-oriented culture
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES + EXPECTATIONS
- The Community Opera Fellowship Manager is responsible for the day to day operations and management of the Holland Community Opera Fellowship, and for connecting and fostering the connections between Community Partners, Holland Community Opera Fellows, and Community Panel members.
- Establish team goals, program content strategies, working guidelines, and continuous improvement of program infrastructure with Director of Engagement Programs and Community Panel.
- Directly supervise, manage and coach the Holland Community Opera Fellows, fostering positive team dynamics and communication amongst Fellowship team.
- Build and deepen relationships with existing and potential community partners in line with Fellowship goals across neighborhoods and sectors.
- Serve as the primary contact for community partners. Identify and assess community partner goals and needs, establish expectations, and facilitate program implementation to help partners meet those goals.
- Manage scheduling, workload, expenditure tracking and other administrative tasks.
To succeed in this position, the Community Opera Fellowship Manager will bring experience in managing a team, experience working with community program development and demonstrated cross cultural life experience and competency, demonstrated interest in and commitment to community and a proactive growth mindset.
- Professional experience will be considered in lieu of an academic degree
- Experience working with non-profit, social services or human services
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing independent projects and highly self-motived
- Excellent organizational, and written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated characteristics of curiosity and initiative, openness to vulnerability, compassion and empathy
- Sense of fun and playfulness
- Benefits - Medical, dental, and life as part our commitment to investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees.
- Retirement savings plans: 403b savings plan with Company Retirement Contribution
- Flexible time off and holiday pay
We seek applicants from ALL backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our employees to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work.
Opera Omaha is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We value diverse experiences, including educational background and justice system contact, and depend on a diverse staff to carry out our mission.
Candidates must have a valid driver’s license and may be subject to background checks as required by community partner organization policies.
Join Our Team!
Please send a cover letter outlining interest and qualifications with resume.
Please send materials to:
Jenny Daggett, Director of Finance and Human Resources, email@example.com, with Community Opera Fellowship Manager in the subject line.
Application Deadline: open until filled