Job Title: Annual Fund Manager
Reports to: Director of Development
FLSA Status: Exempt
Supervisory Responsibility: Not Applicable
General Position Summary:
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Annual Fund Manager plays a vital role in the development team and actively manages the organization’s growing annual fund program. This position is responsible for all aspects of Opera Omaha’s donor relations and annual fund management; including recruitment, retention and upgrade of annual fund donors and related giving clubs and affinity groups.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
• Manage all aspects of the annual giving program including direct mail and telefunding program.
• Manage Affinity Groups and Giving Societies including Opera Council Donors (Opera Omaha’s high-level giving circle) and related events.
• Manage individual donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
• Continually update and correct database records.
• Conduct donor prospect research.
• Maintain donor files.
• Create monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed for the Development Director, Finance Director and General Director.
• Schedule donor meetings for Development Director and General Director as assigned.
• Send out an end of year tax letter.
• Attend and staff all Opera Omaha performances.
• Attend and staff all Opera Omaha development events as assigned.
• Assist in planning and logistics for Opera Omaha’s annual gala as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field, preferably in nonprofit management, development, sales, marketing or public relations
• Database management (Tessitura preferred)
• Development, event management and/or sales experience 3-4 years is preferred.
• Experience managing budgets preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook)
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Ability to organize and prioritize work
• Ability to work independently with little supervision
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Experience in opera is preferred; interest in the art form is essential
• Proactive and goal-focused with a high sense of accountability
Opera Omaha staff, guest artists, board members, donors, customers, press and any external constituents needing assistance.
Job Conditions and Work Hours:
Opera Omaha is a high-energy organization with a mission that can cause this position to experience high work demands under very tight timelines. In addition, work will be required outside of normal business hours (including some evenings and weekends) to support programming, performances, and other Opera Omaha initiatives. Health insurance plan is provided, salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, list of references and salary requirement to Jenny Daggett, Director of Finance and Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Annual Fund Manager” in the subject line of the email.
You are using an outdated browser. Sorry, this web site doesn't support Internet Explorer 6. To get the best possible experience using our website we recommend that you upgrade to a newer version or other web browser. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below. It is completely free for download: