Opera Omaha seeks Stage Manager for upcoming production of The Barber of Seville. Arrival on 9/15/15 with performances on 10/14/15 & 10/18/15. Please send inquires/resumes to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: Director of Marketing
Reports to: General Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Supervisory Responsibility: Audience Development and Sales Manager
General Position Summary:
The Director of Marketing is an experienced, revenue-oriented manager whose primary focus is to achieve Opera Omaha's audience development and ticket sales goals.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential junctions. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
• Develop, implement, and evaluate campaigns to grow subscriber base, maximize single ticket sales, and build group sales.
• Work closely with General Director to create, monitor, and evaluate annual marketing plans and department revenue and expense budgets.
• Oversee scaling, pricing, inventory management and reporting.
• Create and update cash flow projections regularly.
• Conduct and/or coordinate appropriate market research as needed.
• Work with all staff on strategies and programs to build patron loyalty.
• Direct, track, and measure marketing and communications campaigns across all advertising channels (including social media).
• Work with senior staff to establish and implement a schedule/calendar for all Opera Omaha communications.
• Oversee website management and ensure optimal effectiveness.
• Meticulously track marketing expenditure and Return On Investment.
• Work closely with General Director on development of all creative (sourced internally and by the local advertising agency engaged by Opera Omaha).
• Provide marketing support as needed for all departments.
• Coordinate the assembly as well as internal and external editing, proofing, and trafficking of all collateral including program books, annual report, and newsletters.
• Work closely with Director of Development, corporate sponsors, vendors, and other external groups to develop and execute cross-promotions and fulfill sponsorships.
• Participate in peer marketing strategy meetings and database user meetings.
• Supervise the Audience Development and Sales Manager.
• Additional duties as assigned by the General Director.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelors' degree is required; advanced degree in marketing preferred
• Minimum of five years of experience marketing for a non-profit performing arts organization of similar or larger size with proven successful track record
• Significant experience in and knowledge of marketing and sales (print, broadcast, on-line), social media and other multi-platform communications
• Experience in database marketing (Tessitura preferred)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Superior ability to collect, analyze, and act upon data (demographic, sales, and financial data as well as other metrics) to increase ticket sales
• Proactive and goal-focused with a high sense of accountability
• Outstanding organizational skills, strong project management experience
• Superior interpersonal skills: collaborate well with staff, artists, vendors, volunteers, and the public in a professional, confidential and tactful manner
• Ability to manage multiple critical timelines and deadlines
• Understanding of basic accounting procedures including budgeting
• Proficient in MS Office; the desire and ability to learn new technologies is required
• Knowledge of MS Sharepoint, HTML, In Design, Dreamweaver, and Tessitura preferred
• Experience in opera is preferred, interest in opera is essential
Opera Omah staff, guest artists, board members, donors, customers, press and any external constituents needing assistance.
Job Conditions and Work Hours:
Opera Omaha is a high-energy organization with a mission that can cause this position to experience high work demands under very tight timelines. In addition, work will be required outside of normal business hours (including some evenings and weekends) to support programming, performances, and other Opera Omaha initiatives. Health insurance plan is provided, salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and list of references to Jenny Daggett, Director of Finance and Human Resources: email@example.com . Please include "Director of Marketing" in the subject line of the email.
You are using an outdated browser. Sorry, this web site doesn't support Internet Explorer 6. To get the best possible experience using our website we recommend that you upgrade to a newer version or other web browser. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below. It is completely free for download: