“Mad Men” Style Mixer at House of Loom
Young professionals everywhere are invited to a swanky mixer presented by Opera Omaha. Anyone who attends this event and one of the performances of The Marriage Contract (ticket included) is entered into a drawing for a diamond from Borsheims, valued at $2,390!
$20 per person includes:
- Entry to event
- Two classic cocktails in ’50s style
- Light hors d’oeuvres
- Staged photo op
- Ticket to Opera Omaha’s The Marriage Contract
For more details, visit Facebook.
To purchase tickets, go to TicketOmaha.com.
Giveaway Rules and Disclaimer:
- Eligibility: Attendees of “The Mixer in Mad Style” event who then attend one of “The Marriage Contract” performances are eligible. Attendees must fill out the entry form provided at “The Mixer in Mad Style” event and return it to the Opera Omaha table in the lobby of the Scottish Rite Masonic Center during one of “The Marriage Contract” performances for valid entry. Employees of Opera Omaha, Step Group, House of Loom and Clark Creative Group as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Only one entry per attendee. Multiple entries will disqualify the participant.
- The winner of the Borsheims diamond will be randomly chosen after “The Marriage Contract” performances have taken place. The winner will be contacted on or around February 21, 2012 by Opera Omaha via the contact information provided on the entry form. Only the winner will be contacted personally. The winner will be required to retrieve the prize from Opera Omaha within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent. If the winner: (a) cannot be contacted within 48 hours of initial contact from Opera Omaha; (b) fails to retrieve the prize within the required time period (if applicable); (c) is not in compliance with these Official Rules; and/or (d) prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable; then such potential winner forfeits the prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up, if any, at Opera Omaha’s sole discretion.
- Prize: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: One .52 carat diamond valued at $2,390.
- The prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred.
- There will be no cash alternatives.
- Participants must comply with all rules to be eligible for the prize. No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
- Opera Omaha’s decision is final in every situation including any not covered above and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Opera Omaha reserves the right to cancel the giveaway at any stage, if deemed necessary in their opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of their control.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.
- This competition is promoted by Opera Omaha on behalf of Borsheims.
- Disclaimer: We will not pass on your personal details to any other organization except for Opera Omaha who is sponsoring this giveaway
Saturday, January 14 in the O’Donnell Auditorium of Nebraska Wesleyan University, fifteen young singers competed in the Nebraska District of the Metropolitan Opera National Council Auditions. The singers were vying for scholarships and the opportunity to advance to the Council’s Upper Midwest Region Finals in Minneapolis next month.
Opera Omaha Guild President Sheila McNeill was on hand to award one talented singer, tenor Adam Fieldson, the Opera Omaha Guild’s Metropolitan Opera National Council Auditions scholarship. This $600 scholarship comes with an invitation for the winner to perform at future Opera Omaha Guild events. There was a strong showing from Opera Omaha at the event. Joining Guild President Sheila McNeill was a past Guild President Gloria Dunbar, Guild member Kate Morris, Board Chairman John Newman, Advisory Board member Don Burt, and General Director Roger Weitz.
This is an annual event that is free and open to the public – we hope to see you there next year!
Opera Omaha Guild President, Sheila McNeill congratulating scholarship winner Adam Fieldson.
(from left to right) Sheila McNeill, Roger Weitz, Gloria Dunbar, and Kate Morris enjoyed the Metropolitan Opera National Council Auditions together last weekend.
Opera Omaha’s General Director, Roger Weitz, and Resident Music Director, J. Gawf are on Omaha’s Morning Blend talking about our recent move, upcoming productions and chorus auditions, and opportunities for young professionals to get involved with the organization. Watch the clip and then visit us in our new space at 1850 Farnam Street in beautiful downtown Omaha!
From Sheila McNeill
President, Opera Omaha Guild
The Opera Omaha Guild has four spectacular items that will be raffled off over the five performances of Hansel & Gretel. Pictures are shown of the Madame Alexander Hansel & Gretel dolls and of the gingerbread house that well known artist, Matt Jones, crafted for us. He did an amazing job – the house has polished oak floors, glass windows, the front door is oak and he even made the oven and wishing well that are featured in Opera Omaha’s production of Hansel & Gretel. One of our favorite Guild members and donors, who requested to remain anonymous, provided furniture and even a beautiful rug for the floor. It is a thing of beauty. And we have a basket of all the items needed to make the most wonderful gingerbread cookies, to store them in and an aroma house to add to the ambiance while you are making them. Not to be outdone, Omaha Steaks has given us a $250.00 gift certificate. The tickets are selling for $10.00 for one, $25.00 for three.
The Holiday Boutique is selling handmade ornaments fashioned out of boiled wool, paper, felt, glass and also origami. We have pre-decorated Christmas trees, handbags, mini tree skirts, wine paired with Opera Omaha Guild wine glasses, jewelry, and many other items. We have priced many of them so that children will be able to afford them.
The star of the Bake Sale will be Hansel & Gretel gingerbread cookies made by Wheatfield’s. We also will sell biscotti, brownies, and dreidels.
We will be open for business one hour before each performance and after the performances.